EVERGREEN PARK OFFERING FROZEN MEAL TAKEOUT
Evergreen Park is offering frozen meals for takeout.
There are several meal options (click here for menu) and free delivery within city limits.
Orders, phoned to 780-532-3279 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday to Friday, will be ready within 48 hours of ordering. Orders of five or more selections qualify for a 5% discount.
Meals are only available while supplies last. No substitutions.
The menu is based on dinner for four, but larger meals may be available upon request.
Specials requests (such as dietary requirements) may be available upon request.
March 20, 2020 EGP Track & Racing Weekly Update
Due to the continued escalation of COVID-19, (and our respect for the Government requests), we have implemented the following this week at Evergreen Park:
- · Both the Lewis Hawkes and Drysdale Centre are currently closed to the PUBLIC, and we are not accepting any new boarders or horses at the Park. (Again, no new horses will be allowed on-site until further notice). Lewis Hawkes and the Drysdale are locked, and the Lewis Hawkes is only accessible by CURRENT boarders with their swipe cards.
- · We are hoping that our Summer Race Meet might still be able to be held in July or August. (IF things have settled enough for us to be able to race by then.) . Or if not, Grande Prairie then might be a training site for the summer for Fall Racing in Lethbridge. There are still so many unknowns with the length of this terrible virus.
- · At this time, we do not believe that the JDA Raceway Track at the Park will be available for training once it dries over the next few weeks. We will have a better idea as the virus situation continues to evolve. (* And this track possibility would only be for the horses that are currently already on site.).
- · Evergreen Park has laid off almost all of its staff. Track Manager Doug Love has been laid off temporarily as well. April 1 is his normal return date. However, Doug still lives on site, and knows we are planning to bring him back on staff as soon as the situation allows. He understands fully
- · Both ourselves and RMTC in Lethbridge will be approaching both Provincial and Federal government contacts to inquire about receiving some of the small Business Financial Support for our horsemen. Details were still not available from the Governments on these programs this week.
- · Like so many others, we are trying to balance the safety of our Horse Racing (and overall) Community, and still honor the Government requirements and requests.
- · If you have any questions please call or email myself or Pat Hill.
General Manager, Evergreen Park
Racing Manager, Evergreen Park
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Grande Prairie Regional Agricultural & Exhibition Society (Evergreen Park) COVID-19 Update
Grande Prairie, AB - Evergreen Park wanted to provide an update to all our guests and clients regarding COVID-19 actions and operational plans.
Evergreen Park has had all our bookings that were to be held during the remainder of March and April cancel their events in 24 hours. We are grateful that most of these events have now been rescheduled for later this year.
We will be putting Evergreen Park buildings and grounds on public closure until further notice. Our Administration Office in the TARA Centre will remain open at this time, including our Facility Sales office to accept calls and inquiries about rescheduling events or to book new ones for the future. We will be keeping a skeleton operational crew to continue the work of cleaning and sanitizing every building, each chair, each table, each fork, each glass and throughout the grounds. We are also keeping a skeleton Food & Beverage team to offer individualized off-site catering options as well as take-out. When we host events again, we will be ready!
Evergreen Park will continue to monitor the situation, consult and communicate with local, provincial, and national health officials and take other steps, as required. For guests interested in more information, please visit the Alberta Health Services website at https://www.albertahealthservices.ca
Please call with any questions or concerns:
Dan Gorman, General Manager
Denise Cook, Assistant General Manager